Monday, February 7, 2011

First Surgery



Lydia had her first surgery a week ago today. She is having her hairy nevus (AKA: in our home as hairy nemo) removed. She had the first surgery and everything went much better than I had hoped. She is such a tough girl and has had no problem bouncing right back. She had the expanders place during this surgery, they will use to stretch the skin. Then in 2 months she will have her second and final surgery. We decide to have her hairy nemo removed because as she gets older it would require more surgerys and these paticular moles can become cancer later in life.

Hairy nemo at one week old.


Here is a pic of the Hairy Nemo in the summer of 2009.

7 comments:

Bryanna Johnson said...

Surgery for kids is so sad! I'm glad she's doing good.

Josh and Megan said...

I hope she DOES SUPER DURING IT ALL!!! What a tough cookie!

.mel. said...

I came across your blog from visiting a friends... lalaLOVE all your pictures, do mind me asking what editing program you use? (mel_danjanovich@hotmail)
thanks!

Jill, Kenny, Aiden and Capri said...

What a beauty! Glad she did well, I'm sure she'll continue to do awesome through it all. Surgery on kids sucks, but I'm sure it'll all be worth it in the end.

Unknown said...

Ok it's totally sad that Lydia had surgery but I CANT STOP LAUGHING at how big that shower cap is on her tiny head!

Alex n Kalli said...

She looks scared out of her mind in the first pic poor girl! She's a tough one.

Taffers Dawn said...

First off I gotta just say this, Ruby you are tiny girl!!!! Your waist is so slim and trim!!

I had surgery almost 3 weeks ago and it can be kindof nerve racking and I can imagine as a mother it'd be even more nerve racking. Keep us updated on how she progresses. I love the socks on her feet. I keep those socks, they rock!